Salem, Oregon - Pretty As A Postcard
The C.C.C. (Civilian Conservation Corps) handcrafted this outstanding structure in 1936 for the Oregon Department of Forestry which had previously been housed in the State Capitol. The superb stone masonry & woodwork is a tribute to American craftsmanship. Eighteen Oregon native woods were used in the interior finish. Canada geese regularly fly in & graze on the lawns.